I decided to write this article because it is getting to that time of year that simply infuriates me. It is the time of year when the Multi-BILLION dollar industry pulls out every imaginable lie in the book about weight loss and magical foods, and so many Americans continue to fall prey to an unending cycle of weight loss and gain.
Focusing on good healthy is exhilarating. It WILL change your life!!!
This is going to be part of a Ten part series, that I have provided in the past to people, and it has worked for them ALL.
I am an athlete. I know how to put on weight, and I know how to lose it. I have been out because of injury and illness and continued to eat like an athlete, and yes, I have gotten big and unhealthy as a result, but went back to my normal health and frame AFTER I started to follow the proper course AGAIN. It is not difficult, and YOU can do it. In addition, to get healthy is not as expensive as many will have you believe. It is something YOU can do. YOU CAN DECIDE TO GET HEALTHY.
I know you have heard and read so many things about weight loss, but today, I am going to tell you only one truth as you start on your journey. You MUST reject the commercialization of weight loss. Of all these The BIGGEST lie you must reject is the one that says that weight loss is an END… it is NOT. You could lose weight as an end, but it is either unsustainable or incredibly difficult to do. It is NOT an end, it is a result of healthy LIVING.
There is a reason the weight loss industry is a multi-billion dollar industry and yet American is the fattest country in the world. Do you wonder why? I am not talking about the food, lack of exercise and all the other blahs. I am referring in particular to the WEIGHT LOSS industry itself and its abject lack of success. It is a failure because it CANNOT NOT WORK, PERIOD.
I have run track most of my life, and competed as a teenager. As an adult, I have rowed as part of a team, raced, and done most sports I enjoy. And I approached them with fervor, because I wanted to do the best that I could in those sports, and it paid off. Today, I run, cycle, lift, row, and EAT WELL but HEALTHFULLY. You can eat well, and work out, and I will tell you how. Trust me, it is not rocket science, and you do not need to be stressed and have a scale on stand by. You need your brain, and determination. That is all!🙂
Okay, here is the take away.
1. To lose weight, you have to understand that it cannot be a GOAL. No matter the prevailing school of thought and claims, the results do not bear out these “weight loss as a goal” approach. Weight loss is incidental to good health. Pursue good health NOT weight loss.
2. I know this is hard for most people to understand, and since we live in an advertisement heavy society, I know it is hard to think above the noise and lies on this issue. However, unless you are a model that has to focus her entire life on the size of her food intake, and of course stay committed to starvation and abuse of your body, you cannot sustain weight loss if you pursue it for its own self.
3. Weight loss is not this “YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR WHOLE LIFE” drivel, you are sold on TV and elsewhere. Weight loss is a simple matter of taking steps towards GOOD HEATH– one day at a time. You MUST to GET HEALTHY. Now repeat it after me, GET HEALTHY. If good health is your goal, and you decide to shut out the calls to pursue weight loss, you will get healthy AND YOU WILL LOSE weight.
4. I am not saying that portion size is not important, and I will discuss these sizes in the course of this series on weight loss. However, today, resolve not to do some New year resolution thing which will end after a few months. Today, decide to be healthy, do not decide to lose weight. Focus on doing your BODY GOOD.
5. Think about your vital organs and internal organs as opposed to the aesthetics of weight loss. I know we live in a society that is obsessed with looks, but you will not meet your permanent goals in that area if you approach this issue as the Capitalists, who are selling you all the weight loss fads, want you to do.
You have to be PATIENT and DETERMINED to chart your own course in this journey. Weight loss starts with good health, and the decision to be healthy starts in the mind. So today, I encourage you to do some research on getting healthy. If you look at my side bar you can look at several fitness sites and others on foods etc.
So find out how your body works. It is not sexy stuff, but it has to be the start. See what foods you need. PLEASEEEE do not start thinking of how to follow some fad until you understand your body.
The objective is to be in your best possible health, and your body (we all have different body types) will look its possible best. You will grow mentally because, as we go on this journey, you will find out that working out and good health BEGIN IN THE BRAIN. It is not a huge journey, it is no herculean feat. Talk to your doctor about your health and make sure you can start a HEALTH routine, and then see me back here next week.
This will be a lot of work for me. I am looking forward to hearing from you in the comments section in order to determine in I should continue with this series. I am hoping to hear from at least 100-folks on this post so that I know what people think and what they want to hear.
I might not respond personally to everyone, but I will be sure to consider your comments in the series.
Start to think of HOW YOUR BODY WORKS, AND HOW YOU CAN GET HEALTHY. That is your task this week.
I wish you well. I am off to run. Cheers YAWL.